The WikiRate Approach
Our team facilitates new research on complex topics with companies, governments, NGOs and consumers to make CSR data open, comparable and useful for improving the status quo.
Our vision is a world in which information sharing leads to a more informed society and greater trust in business sustainability. In order to achieve this, we (1) work closely with partners to frame research metrics and approaches that will help them gain more knowledge of their subjects, (2) provide educators and students with ‘live’ cases for practical research in corporate ESG, and (3) run the WikiRate platform which publishes all data in a structured, open way for use by all.
This work happens through specific programs.
New policies and legislation on corporate sustainability and responsibility are constantly emerging and iterating. We provide structured research into how corporations meet the challenges and requirements of new and old legislative frameworks in order to provide insight and fact-based improvements.
- Dodd Frank Conflict Minerals SEC Filings
- Modern Slavery Act UK Statements
With the adoption of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development it is of high relevance to track and assess the contributions of business to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Business Contributions to the SDGs – A Student Assessment: a partnership of the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) initiative, WikiRate, the Bertelsmann Stiftung and the UN Global Compact
- University SDG Performance
- Corporate Action
- Supply Chain Performance
- Supply Network Mapping
Most structured, comparable corporate ESG data is only accessible to those who pay for it. WikiRate opens access to all users at no cost and provides a tool for anyone to contribute to or utilize data from.
- Volunteer matching
Latest posts by Theresa Heithaus (see all)
- Investor Transparency in the Fashion Industry – An Open Data Sprint - September 13, 2018